Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

My x-wife and I have come to terms and agree on a change that we would like to make to my visitation of our daughter. I cannot afford a lawyer and she says that I should be able to get us back into mediation without a lawyer so we can change the visitation. How do I go about doing this on my own. I live in FL. I have a copy of a "Motion for Mediation" (Form 410) can I just go to the clerk and file this form?

Asked on 3/28/13, 9:17 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

John Smitten Carey and Leisure

Your agreement should be reduced to writing then it can be mailed to the court for approval. Contact my office for free consultation. 727-446-7659.

Read more
Answered on 3/29/13, 3:13 am

Natalie Hall The Law Office of Natalie D. Hall, P.A.

If you have come to an Agreement there is no need for Mediation. Reduce it to writing then meet with an attorney who can review the Agreement. If the Agreement is clear and enforceable both you and your ex should sign evidencing voluntary acceptance of the terms. The Attorney can then assist you with obtaining an Order from the court Ratifying and Approving the Agreement.

Natalie Hall, Esq.

(407) 412-7035

[email protected]

Read more
Answered on 3/29/13, 9:25 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida