Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

My ex stopped paying the bills for our marital home. What do I do?

Asked on 10/30/13, 5:39 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Robert McCall Law Office of Robert McCall

If there was an agreement that was filed with the court report it to the Judge via a Motion. If no divorce suit papers have been filed consider doing so.

Read more
Answered on 10/30/13, 5:47 am

Elliot Goldstein Law Offices of Elliot Jay Goldstein

If he was responsible for the bills in the divorce final judgment (including any agreement referenced therein), then pursue a Motion For Enforcement/Show Cause (Contempt). If the Court finds in your favor, there is a good chance the judge will order reimbursement of your attorney fees and costs.

Read more
Answered on 10/30/13, 5:49 am
John Smitten Carey and Leisure

Question not clear, If he was ordered to do so in a court order then file a motion for contempt. If no court order then you have to file your case with the court asap.

Read more
Answered on 10/30/13, 7:55 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida