Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

temporary standing order

My husband has just been served his divorce papers. He is upset I put in a child support order as well. He is now said that i cannot call his phone, not even to talk with my kids. what should I do?

Asked on 8/23/07, 6:08 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Scott R. Jay Law Offices of Scott R. Jay

Re: temporary standing order

NOTE: This communication is not intended as and should not be interpreted as legal advice. Rather, it is intended solely as a general discussion of legal principles. You should not rely on or take action based on this communication without first presenting ALL relevant details to a competent attorney in your jurisdiction and then receiving the attorney's individualized advice for you. By reading the "Response" to your question or comment, you agree that the opinion expressed is not intended to, nor does it, create any attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. If you do not agree, then stop right here, and do not read any further.

I am not sure what your heading means as there is no such thing as a temporary standing order in a divorce. If your husband will not let you speak with your kids, then you need to file a motion with the court to require him to provide reasonable access including telephone at all times. Additionally, a reasonable visitation schedule must either be agreed upon between you and your husband, or if unable to agree, then ask the court to order the schedule for you.

Scott R. Jay, Esq.

Read more
Answered on 8/23/07, 11:46 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida