Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

Im unmarried and want to go back to my home state with my child, Both my boyfriend and his parents verbally abuse me.

Asked on 8/23/13, 3:49 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Robert McCall Law Office of Robert McCall

If there has been no litigation about the child you are free to do whatever you want. If any court papers have been filed then you will need the Judges permission.

Read more
Answered on 8/24/13, 8:11 am

Brent Rose The Orsini & Rose Law Firm

I assume the child is also your boyfriend's. So long as your boyfriend has not filed for paternity, you are free to remove the child from the state permanently. However, if he files a paternity action, you must seek permission from a judge to move your child more than 50 miles from your child's current home.

Read more
Answered on 8/24/13, 10:11 am
John Smitten Carey and Leisure

If not married to the father and no court orders in place then you can move.

Read more
Answered on 8/25/13, 7:24 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida