Legal Question in Family Law in Florida


how can i have my visitation rights enforced? My 14 year old daughter decides she would rather stay home with her mother(who she claims to not like) than come spend time with me. This weekend I went to pick her up and her mother had volunteered her to babysit so she could not leave. how can her mother purposely hinder my time with my daughter?????

Asked on 6/19/09, 10:04 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Hanks Attorney Hanks, P.A.

Re: visitation

If the visitation is per a specific schedule, and your ex has violated that, you should pursue a motion for contempt. If your visitation order just said "liberal visitation," you need to file a supplemental petition to modify the visitation to include a specific schedule. Either way, your ex cannot say the child does not want to go; your ex needs to encourage and foster your relationship with your daugher. Making babysitting plans on your weekend is certainly not in that spirit.

Mark Hanks

Attorney Hanks, PA

St. Petersburg, FL

Read more
Answered on 6/20/09, 10:43 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida