Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

My ex wife took my kids out of the state of florida to move to Georgia to be with a registered sex offender I didn't give her permission nor did I sign anything saying she could. My oldest daughter came back cause she said the guy was creepy looking and staring at her all the time. However I have a autistic 10yr old who is living with her mom and he comes over all the time. Is there anything I can do? Do a father have rights?

Asked on 8/29/13, 11:37 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

John Smitten Carey and Leisure

Yes since you were married she cannot move unless she gets permission from you or a court order. So you have to file a motion to get the child back asap.

Read more
Answered on 8/29/13, 11:52 am

Elliot Goldstein Law Offices of Elliot Jay Goldstein

You should pursue a Motion to have her return the children. If she wishes to associate with a registered sex offender, you may also want to seek a modification of "custody", so the kids will live with you.

If you opt to proceed without the assistance of counsel, be aware that you will not be entitled to a “do over” if things go badly.

An internet inquiry is no substitution for an in-office consultation with an attorney.

Contact me to schedule a no obligation office consultation. While telephone calls, and email responses, are encouraged, please do not send text messages.

Sincerely, Elliot Goldstein

Law Offices of Elliot Jay Goldstein, P.A.

1401 Ohio Ave., Ste. B

Palm Harbor, FL 34683

Tele. No.: 727/455-6596

Law Offices of Elliot Jay Goldstein, P.A.

550 N. Reo St. Ste. 300

Tampa, FL 33609

Tele. No.: 813/810-1500

Read more
Answered on 8/29/13, 1:31 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida