Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

my youngest brother is 15 and does not want to live with my mother or father and i am living in the same state as my parents and i am going to be moving out of state at the end of the month. my parents are divorced and have joint custody of my brother. he lives with my mother and my father lives 8 hours away. my brother has expressed his concerns about staying with my mother and expressed that if he is forced to stay he will run away or kill himself. as far as my dad goes he had expressed that does not want to live with him either. i am finacially stable to take care of him and want to know how to go legally about seeking custody of my brother. i want no help from my parents i just want him happy. when my brother expressed his concerns they both said i wasnt an option. but the time for me to leave florida is coming up quickly and he wants to go with us. my question is where do i start legally?

Asked on 7/08/13, 1:20 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Smitten Carey and Leisure

You have no rights and no case.

Read more
Answered on 7/08/13, 6:23 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida