Legal Question in Medical Leave in Florida

Maternity leave for dads

My wife is going to give birth soon and my boss has been giving me the run around about fmla he says im not covered and I could only take a couple days for the birth of my child. I have the form who do I give it to. My wifes doctor or HR?

Asked on 9/14/07, 7:56 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

James R. Becker, Jr. Becker Law Firm

Re: Maternity leave for dads

It depends on what the form is. If it is a form similar to a medical certification, it needs to be completed by your wife's doctor and then submitted to HR. You may also want to check with your HR representative to find out what you are supposed to do, since each company may have its own different forms and procedures.

Read more
Answered on 9/17/07, 12:40 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Medical Leave Act questions and answers in Florida