Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Florida

Hello, my attorney recently filed a motion to withdraw from my case citing irreconcilable differences although the real reason is due to misrepresentation , negligence and malpractice. Although I am searching for an attorney to take the case, lets just say an attorney can't be found or won't take the case and I run out of time that the judge gives me. When would be a good time to hire a malpractice attorney? Should I seek one before time runs out? After time runs out? Thank you.

Asked on 12/06/17, 7:03 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Alan Wagner Wagner McLaughlin, P.A.

You should be speaking to a malpractice lawyer now. There may or may not have been malpractice, but a malpractice lawyer can advise you on the best course to take. If there is malpractice, you want to make sure that you do not do anything that would adversely affect that claim.

Read more
Answered on 12/07/17, 6:43 am

Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary

malpractice only occurs once you lost rights due to the action or inaction of your attorney. if these events have occurred, the time is now to seek counsel or input on these issues.

Read more
Answered on 12/07/17, 8:15 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Florida