Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Florida

employment question

A former employer gave me a positive letter of recommendation upon my leaving the position. I spoke to another former employer about going back to work at that place of employment. He told me that the person that wrote the positive letter of recommendation told him that I did not do as good a job as the letter of recommendation said. Do I have any legal action that I can take against this?

Asked on 9/19/07, 5:26 pm

4 Answers from Attorneys

Philip Friedman Bonifield, Friedman & Leifer, P.A.

Re: employment question

Absolutely, you should speak with a labor attorney about this issue.

Read more
Answered on 9/19/07, 5:31 pm
Johm Smith tom's

Re: employment question

Talk to a labor attorney; they'll give you your options.

Read more
Answered on 9/19/07, 5:35 pm
Alan Wagner Wagner McLaughlin, P.A.

Re: employment question

NO. opinion is protected.

Read more
Answered on 9/19/07, 6:17 pm
Scott R. Jay Law Offices of Scott R. Jay

Re: employment question

NOTE: This communication is not intended as and should not be interpreted as legal advice. Rather, it is intended solely as a general discussion of legal principles. You should not rely on or take action based on this communication without first presenting ALL relevant details to a competent attorney in your jurisdiction and then receiving the attorney's individualized advice for you. By reading the "Response" to your question or comment, you agree that the opinion expressed is not intended to, nor does it, create any attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. If you do not agree, then stop right here, and do not read any further.

Probably not. Unless he made false statements or libelous statements, he is entitled to his opinion as to your work abilities.

Scott R. Jay, Esq.

Read more
Answered on 9/19/07, 11:52 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Florida