Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Florida

My husband worked for his cousin and was not paid for it. He is owed nearly $8, 000. Can he put a lien on his property or business (in Florida) ?

Asked on 6/27/13, 4:42 am

4 Answers from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

He needs to sue and obtain a court judgment.

Read more
Answered on 6/27/13, 4:55 am

David Ciccarello Knott Ebelini Hart

He can only put a lien on the property if the work he did was actual improvements to the property and it has not been over 90 days since the date of the last improvement to the property. Otherwise, he would have to obtain a judgment before he could lien anything.

Read more
Answered on 6/27/13, 5:41 am
Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary

The other answers are right on point. I only write to say seek legal advice. Dont pursue this claim on your own.

Read more
Answered on 6/27/13, 5:52 am
Angelo Marino Angelo Marino Jr. PA

Wage loss claims provide for attorney's fees for your lawyer.

Read more
Answered on 6/27/13, 6:07 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Florida