Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Florida

I live in Florida and was involved in a car accident. If I lose the case, can they take my house which I own free and clear if the settlement is more than my insurance covers or does my Homesstead protect my home from this judgement?

Asked on 11/15/20, 8:03 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

Homestead is exempt from collection. If you are concerned about an excess judgment, you should retain a separate lawyer to oversee the lawsuit. Your interests and the insurance company interest many differ.

Read more
Answered on 11/15/20, 8:34 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Florida