Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Florida

I take my payroll check to my employers bank to cash and they tell me they can not cash it. I stopped depositing them in my account due to being returned to me along with a $15 charge. The company has made good on that check. But, I have three more to cash and its been since May 5, 2017. They will tell me to go cash it and I get there and bank teller says sorry can not cash. Plus they owe me one check from 2015, which they say I will get. I gave two weeks notice and my last day was March 31, 2017. Which they were seven checks behind plus the one for 2015. ( Not sure if I chose the right area of law. )...

Asked on 5/19/17, 10:31 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary

Unless they have money somewhere there is not much to do. Failure to pay wages carries with it an attorney's fee provision. Seek some legal help from a labor and employment attorney.

Read more
Answered on 5/19/17, 10:39 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Florida