Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Florida

Please Help


I have a 7 year old Internet company, I am a licensed distributor of vending machines. I am a small company of one. I run my company out of my home.

For the past 2 years, I have been harassed and have had libelous statements made about me personally, my wife and my company on the AOL message boards and other search engines. This is read by millions!

Because of these slanderous remarks, I have lost countless Internet clients over the past 2 years. I have pleaded with the gentleman�s bosses, another vending company called the Wittern Group, one of the biggest in the world. I have begged AOL for help to no avail.

Is there any legal action I can take to save my business?



Asked on 5/16/01, 12:35 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Elliot Goldstein Law Offices of Elliot Jay Goldstein

Re: Please Help

What exactly do the alledged libelous statements say? Can you prove that they are the ones that made the libelous statements? If so, then you probably can sue for libel.

You should schedule a formal consultation with a� lawyer.� A good means of obtaining an attorney referral is by contacting your State's bar association, or your local county bar association.��� They probably have a web site and

charge a nominal fee for the referral.� Most attorneys either provide a free initial consultation, or charge a nominal fee.

Good Luck.-Elliot Goldstein (I also have an office in Tampa)

The above information is provided as a courtesy, without any consideration and without knowledge of the specific facts.� Do not rely on this

information. Seek a formal consultation with an attorney.

Read more
Answered on 6/23/01, 8:13 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Florida