Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Florida


What would be the grounds for filing a lawsuit against someone for slander? How would I go about filing a lawsuit if I have the grounds to?

Asked on 11/08/06, 8:26 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Alan Wagner Wagner McLaughlin, P.A.

Re: Slander

Forms to file a lawsuit in small claims court are usually available at the county court house. For slander you generally need a false statement that causes damage. There are some statements in which damage is presumed, that we call slander per se.

Read more
Answered on 11/08/06, 8:34 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Florida