Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Florida

My son was recently in a MVC while on his way home - his insurance coverage was minimum and only had property no bodily because the car was paid off - the other person is trying to sue for bodily and going after my son's employer (he wasn't working at the time)the company has an attorney. The state is threatening to suspend his license - because he had no bodily coverage. What is his best step.

Asked on 7/03/13, 7:11 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

Retain his own private counsel to protect his interests and make sure his employer's insurance carrier protects him. I handle these type matters all the time.

Read more
Answered on 7/03/13, 7:15 am

Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary

Hire an attorney. He has a problem. The employer's insurance should provide coverage if he was working at the time of the accident. Your son needs to know that he should have bodily injury coverage if he can get it in the future.

Read more
Answered on 7/03/13, 9:47 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Florida