Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Florida

My wife has severe scoliosis and can not walk more then a step or two and that is while leaning over our bed. Her doctor gave her a handicap tag fr her car but she never leaves the house except to go to the doctor. Her doctor says her prognosis is poor. We have our foreclosure trial in a couple of weeks. Can I go and represent both of us? She had sugery when she was ten and they put a harrington rod in her back. She was ok u until about ten years ago and she has gone down hill since then. I am not in the best of health myself but I have to do everything for her and I know there is no way she could make it from the car to the courthouse. I am not asking for a delay or anything special. I am just asking that my wife not be subjected to the pain and humiliation of trying to "crawl" into the courthouse. Thank you in advance for any advice or help anyone can give me.

Asked on 4/03/13, 3:31 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary

Advise the Court and the opposing party in edvance. If her presence for testimony is not needed perhaps the Court will allow her to appear by phone while you are present live. If you have an attorney have him make the arrangements. If her testimony is needed you need to get permission for her to appear by Skype or Face Time or by phone and have a notary available at her house to swear her in.

Read more
Answered on 4/04/13, 2:24 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Florida