Legal Question in Health Care Law in Florida

I am a pharmacy techician. I am going through a custody battle and my boyfriends mother made a claim that I voilated the HIPPA law by using my boyfriends drug info from work to use against him in court. can I sue her for slander?

Asked on 7/25/12, 6:51 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

R. Jason de Groot R. Jason de Groot, P.A.

I doubt it. A complete defense to slander here would be if what you did is true. If it was not true, you may have a case, but any attorney will want a ton of money to sue for that, especially if the defendant does not have plenty of money to go after.

Read more
Answered on 7/30/12, 10:34 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Health Care Law questions and answers in Florida