Legal Question in Immigration Law in Florida

I'm Brazilian and got my american citizenship (passport)after I was 18 through my dad who is american. Now I'm trying to get my wife her green card but I got mail after the uscis interview saying they want my dad's birth certificate and proof of residency in the USA before I was born. Problem is that he doesn't remember giving any proof or residency to the American consulate in brazil. So now I'm afraid they will deny her green card or even revoke my passport. Is that even possible? Is there some other way I can prove this? Does it even have to be proved?

Asked on 1/26/15, 10:05 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Paul V. Suppicich Maney, Gordon, Zeller, P.A.

USCIS needs proof of your dad's residence IN THE U.S. before you were born. School records could suffice. If you want help, call my law office at (813) 888-6700 for a free consultation.

Read more
Answered on 1/27/15, 1:15 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Florida