Legal Question in Immigration Law in Florida

I am canadian, my husband is american. We have to go back to USA so that husband can work. We have a very young baby and really don't want to be seperated. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Asked on 8/26/13, 5:16 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

Your husband can petition you for U.S. Legal Permanent Residence, so that you do not need to be separated for very long. However, he must first re-establish domicile in the United States & prove that he has the financial ability to support you.

Your child, however, can obtain U.S. citizenship through your husband directly.

You can obtain more information regarding these issues at the USCIS website (, U.S. Department of State website ( or U.S. Consulate website (

Read more
Answered on 8/26/13, 5:40 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Florida