Legal Question in Immigration Law in Florida

My daughter met a boy in High School and has been dating him for about 1.5 yrs now. His parents brought him here about 4 yrs ago from Columbia got him enrolled in H.S.(hows does that even happen) and they all never went back. They both just grad. from HS. My daughter is going to college and the boy friend wants to be able to attend college also. His parents have very little money and just tell him to wait for the laws to change or get married (over my dead body)Hes a nice enough kid got all A's in HS but has no license, no job. From what I read its a Felony. Is there anything he can do to begin to change his status or how should he begin.....

Asked on 7/23/13, 10:57 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Natalie Hall The Law Office of Natalie D. Hall, P.A.

He may try for a Deferred Action filing. This will allow him to remain here and work. It does not grant a a green card or make his presence here any more lawful but at least he will be able to lawfully work and he may have an easier time with enrolling in and attending college.

Read more
Answered on 7/23/13, 11:07 am


He is eligible for DACA filing and may legalize and be able to work.

Read more
Answered on 7/23/13, 11:21 am
Rebecca White Law Office of Rebecca White

DACA may be an option for him to explore. I am not sure what sort of felony you are referring to however. If he has criminal issues in his past that will be an issue.

Read more
Answered on 7/23/13, 12:58 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Florida