Legal Question in Immigration Law in Florida

Hi..I just wanna ask. I've been married to a U.S. citizen for a year now and my visa was expired too... We are planning to apply for my green card... I have been working for a year now on the books. Will that gonna affect my application?

Asked on 4/24/17, 1:22 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Paul V. Suppicich Maney, Gordon, Zeller, P.A.

The adjudicators who handle your case take many things into consideration. It is not a good idea to be working illegally with an expired visa. Your spouse needs to file an I-130, Petition for Alien Relative as soon as possible. Hopefully your illegal activity will not interfere with your applications being approved.

Read more
Answered on 4/25/17, 6:08 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Florida