Legal Question in Immigration Law in Florida

Refused entry to US

To summarize, wifes relative from France came to US several years ago and were told by lawyer that they could start corporation so that they could open antiques business. Corporation was formed, antiques were sent from France to US, items were sold, taxes filed and paid properly, never stayed over time limit allowed by passport. After several years they were stopped by immigration on the way to Florida and told they were being sent back to France and refused further entry. Now they can't come back to close up shop or even visit with relatives.

First, were they advised properly that they could start a corporation ?

Two, even if they will no longer conduct any business, is there any way to reinstate their status so at least they can visit with family and friends ?


Asked on 12/06/04, 3:18 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Myron Morales Lee Lane Smith LLP

Re: Refused entry to US

They will need waivers of inadmissibility and permission to return after removal/deportation.

[email protected]

Read more
Answered on 12/06/04, 5:06 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Florida