Legal Question in Immigration Law in Florida

My school has notified me via email (yesterday) that my M-1 visa has been terminated due to not satisfying the full time attendance requirements. I am currently married to a U.S. citizen and have paperwork ready to file an i-130 in conjunction with i-485 to adjust to permanent residence. I have read that if less than 180 days have passed since the status violation, the applicant remains eligible (i-485) and may adjust status... is this correct in my case?

Asked on 12/16/11, 7:37 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ajay Arora Ajay K. Arora, Attorney-at-Law, P.C.


Technically, you can adjust status based on marriage to a U.S. citizen even if status violation has exceeded 180 days, as long as you initially entered the U.S. legally in M-1 status. Additional information is here:

You can call our immigration law firm at 212-268-3580 during business hours, or email [email protected] for guidance.

Read more
Answered on 12/16/11, 7:47 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Florida