Legal Question in Immigration Law in Florida

What type of visa do deferred action for childhood arrivals get? If it is not a visa then what option should I choose when applying to colleges?

Asked on 10/22/14, 1:18 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Rahul Manchanda, Esq. Manchanda Law Office PLLC

Please call me at (212) 968-8600 or toll-free at (800) 750-1828. Kind regards, RDM

Read more
Answered on 10/22/14, 4:23 pm
Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

It is not a visa. It is exactly that, Deferred Action. Meaning, they will not deport you now, & will allow you to work legally for 2 years, but that's about all you get.

The College forms do not provide enough immigration options, so many people end up not fitting into any category. You should contact the school to see how they would like you to proceed.

Read more
Answered on 10/23/14, 10:28 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Florida