Legal Question in Immigration Law in Florida

My wife, a US citizen, and I went to an appointment in January 2013 for an Adjustment Status. I just received a letter (November 2014) that my status adjustment was denied and am on deportation proceedings due to failure to showing up at the appointment. We did not get a receipt or any other paperwork that could be used as proof that we were there and were interviewed by an immigration officer. What can I do?

Asked on 12/01/14, 8:03 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Paul V. Suppicich Maney, Gordon, Zeller, P.A.

Scan and email me a copy of the denial letter at [email protected] After I see the letter, I may be able to tell you more.

Read more
Answered on 12/02/14, 5:12 am
Mario Musil The Musil Law Firm

Generally, you may be able to reopen the case if you can explain what happened.

I would speak to an attorney about your case to get the best answer.

My office does free consultations.

321 252 4396

Read more
Answered on 12/02/14, 5:51 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Florida