Legal Question in Immigration Law in Florida

My wife is a Czech citizen and a US green card holder. Her passport has expired but she needs to travel back to the Czech Republic. We are being told by the Czech Consulate that they can issue emergency travel documents and that when she gets back to the Czech Republic she can renew her passport. They are charging us $16 for some documents. Does this make sense?

Asked on 5/31/17, 11:00 am

1 Answer from Attorneys


In the simplest terms yes. The processing time is 120 days. As you cannot wait this is the only way. It is still going to take 30 days for the passport in Czech Republic.

Read more
Answered on 6/22/17, 11:39 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Florida