Legal Question in Insurance Law in Florida

auto insurance

I borrowed my dads car, went out of state. The car got stolen and then burnt.

The insurance co has been investigating the situation and now wants me to go before there attorney for an interview under oath, according to their policy rights. I have complied and they have all the report from and witnesses. Are they entitled to this without some sort of suit?

Do I have to go before their attorney and should I bring my attorney? Can they do this with court filing or any type of suit filed in court to go before a court reporter? I dont understand what they are doing.

Is this a normal process??

Asked on 5/19/07, 4:19 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Alan Wagner Wagner McLaughlin, P.A.

Re: auto insurance

get an attorney; the policy probably allows them to require a statement. You should get a lawyer, though,

Read more
Answered on 5/19/07, 8:24 pm
David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

Re: auto insurance

The issue they are investigating is permissive use.

Read more
Answered on 5/21/07, 5:47 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Insurance Law questions and answers in Florida