Legal Question in Insurance Law in Florida

car accident

if you have a car accident and you carry libilty ins your ins covers the other person but not you and live in a nofault state does there ins cover me

Asked on 8/16/07, 7:02 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Jacob Lieberman Lieberman Law Company

Re: car accident

In Florida Bodily Injury and Property Damage coverage does not cover you....however the other vehicles PD's coverage and BI coverage would apply to you and your vehicle. People buy UM coverage to cover them in cases the at fault vehicle does not have any or enough BI insurance and Collision coverage for their vehicle if the at fault vehicle does not have any PD coverage.

Read more
Answered on 8/16/07, 7:10 pm
Philip Friedman Bonifield, Friedman & Leifer, P.A.

Re: car accident

Your Personal Injury Protection (PIP also known as "No Fault" insurance) covers some or most of your medical expenses and lost wages up to $10,000. You may have additional coverage (Med Pay/extended PIP) which may increase this amount. If the other driver is at fault, you may also seek a recovery from the other driver (and his insurance, if any), if your injuries are permanent in nature. If you have recently been in an accident, and have injuries, please seek a consult with a qualified personal injury attorney. Shy away from attorneys who do not want to pursue PIP claims. You should not pay for an injury related consult.

Read more
Answered on 8/16/07, 8:39 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Insurance Law questions and answers in Florida