Legal Question in Insurance Law in Florida

Daughter was involved in an auto accident, auto is in my name .We have home with property in an estate trust. We also have (2) annuities with ins. co. We also have other assets (boats) and a money market account. The other party has claimed injuries and has hired an attorney. My daughter is insured on my auto policy. My question is: Can the other party sue me for my assets? My liability ins is $50,000./ $100,000. she has made a settlement offer of $50,000. Would this amount be plus ins amount? Her attorney want's affidavits from my husband, myself, and my daughter of our assets. PLEASE ADVISE

Asked on 10/26/20, 12:21 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

You should retain your own attorney to oversee the insurance company attorney. Yes, your assets are vulnerable should there be a verdict in excess of insurance. I handle these type of matters.

Read more
Answered on 10/26/20, 12:50 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Insurance Law questions and answers in Florida