Legal Question in Insurance Law in Florida

My father lives near a road and over a week ago a car hit the medium of the road in front of his house the car flipped and rolled into my fathers vehicle the car

crushed the back half of my father's car making it undriveable....he has been trying to get the insurance company of the car that caused the damage to get him a

rental and they are making him feel like it is his fault even though he was in the house asleep in bed when the presumably drunk driver had the accident....His

insurance company refuses to help saying that it is his fault for not having rental car coverage on his insurance. The car's owner's insurance company is in

Canada but the diver has lived here for a while according to the insurance company. The insurance company keeps making excuses to stall the latest excuse is

that the car owner's mechanic was driving the car and they are seeing they will cover the rental meanwhile my father has been with a vehicle for over a week and

it has been causing him a lot of stress that he does not need being in his mid eighties. Can any thing or anyone that can help him?

Asked on 11/15/16, 10:34 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary

Hire an attorney to move it along or file suit if necessary. Sounds like it is a bit premature to file suit. I would not deal with them in writing I would do everything in writing.

Read more
Answered on 11/16/16, 1:11 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Insurance Law questions and answers in Florida