Legal Question in Insurance Law in Florida

Question : I am in the middle of a divorce. I am disabled. My husband cancelled al my medical benefits. I was never contacted by the insurance company or given the right to continue coverage of my own. I was told that my husband told them we were already divorced and that I already had other insurance coverage. Then I learned that not only did he cancel my insurance benefits, he gave them to his mistress. She is now on his policy listed as his life partner. I am still listed on the policy as his wife but I am listed as not active/covered and she is listed as covered and they are paying her medical bills. He is living in open adultery in the state of florida in violation of florida law. Can I sue the insurance company for giving my benefits to my husbands mistress? Also, I can log onto their website and view all the medical records for each person on the policy even though I am no longer listed as active. Which means his girlfriend and him can also view all my medical records. It shows my husbands name and policy holder, then my name as wife and then his girlfriend is listed under my name. What can I do legally?

Asked on 6/12/13, 5:43 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary

Seek legal help asap.

Read more
Answered on 6/13/13, 2:25 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Insurance Law questions and answers in Florida