Legal Question in Insurance Law in Florida

My RV got roof damage from a tree limb. The water got inside, everything is covered in mold and in my ruined. Even the closets had mold inside which ruined my clothes, bath towels etc. I'm a full timer and covered with Nationwide today I got an email saying all they would pay for is having the roof replaced and nothing else. I think the RV should be totaled and I should be allowed some money for my personal effects, my policy covers personal effects up to 5000 dollars. What should I do now? Thanks Brian

Asked on 9/11/13, 11:30 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Byron Petersen Byron G. Petersen P.A.

And this is not a run-away:

You must read the policy (contract) to see what it provides.

Read more
Answered on 9/11/13, 12:00 pm

Michael Tobin Michael M. Tobin, P.A.

Also assuming you live in a house, check your homeowners policy contents coverage. Usually 10% off premises.

Read more
Answered on 9/11/13, 1:39 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Insurance Law questions and answers in Florida