Legal Question in Insurance Law in Florida

my son was riding his bicycle on the sidewalk in our complex and the neighbor's dog scared him so he fell. His bicycle hit the car of one of the residents who was parked across the walkway. Am I responsible for the repairs to her car? Do I have to go through my home owners insurance for this?

Asked on 9/09/13, 10:50 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary

You may be responsible. Best to notify your homeowner's and your auto insurance. They would cover you for negligence claims. Depending on your son's age, he may be considered old enough to be negligent OR he may not. Notify them both and let them sort it out.

Read more
Answered on 9/09/13, 10:53 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Insurance Law questions and answers in Florida