Legal Question in International Law in Florida

Me and my partner are creating a corporation, we do not know what kind. He lives in Canada and I live in US. How can we incorporate for both countries legally? What should we do?

Asked on 7/28/12, 5:35 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

R. Jason de Groot R. Jason de Groot, P.A.

You can incorporate in Florida, under whatever form of corporation you choose. In Canada, you will have to comply with the laws there. The most common form of corporation is called a Chapter S, and has less than 35 stockholders. The main purpose of creating a corporation is to avoid personal liability and tax liability. You must follow corporate formalities.

Read more
Answered on 7/30/12, 8:06 am

Related Questions & Answers

More International Law questions and answers in Florida