Legal Question in Juvenile Dependency in Florida

im 17 in florida and want to leave home. i attend school and cheer. my mom says she owns me till im 18 and cant leave we hate each other she uses me as a built in baby sitter its a awful situation i dont want moral advice i kno what i want to do and thts move out, i just need to know, can she force me to come back. i will be in a safe enviroment and attending school.

Asked on 9/14/10, 2:00 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Latangie Williams Law Office of Latangie Williams, P.A.

You can petition your local court to become emancipated. That basically means that you (a minor with limited legal rights) gain all the rights/responsibilities of an adult.

You really do need a lawyer to see you through this process. If youd like to schedule a telephone or email legal consultation, please do not hesitate to contact me. Please email your inquiries at [email protected] and Ill send you a Questionnaire. Or you may reach me by telephone at 1-800-408-5818.

The above reply is for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact an attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this Web site does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Read more
Answered on 9/23/10, 7:30 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Juvenile Dependency questions and answers in Florida