Legal Question in Juvenile Dependency in Florida

everyday i come home from school and i always have to watch my aunts kids from 3:00 to 5:30 sometimes 6 that means i cant go anywhere and i can only see my bf on saturday and the curfew is 9 i came home at 9:30 and i told her i was ganna be a lil late and she told me i couldnt see him the next saturday and my uncle said its my duty to watch his kids could i do anything about this?? i do alot for them and sometimes they even leave me with there kids without asking me to and they just leave... its 2 boys and sometimes they leave me with the baby 1year old and dnt ask me to watch her i guess they just assume i will watch them and i never get to spend time with my bf like 5 hours at the most what can i do about this? anything?

Asked on 2/03/10, 1:07 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Sarah Grosse Sarah Grosse, Esquire

There is nothing you can do about this. It may be unfair, but not wrong. If you are too young to take care of the kids, such that they are neglected or in danger, you should report it to the Dept of Children and Families. They will investigate and monitor the situation, and if they determine you kids are neglected/in danger, they will take custody of you and put you in a foster home(s). But, if you sole reason for not wanting to take care of the kids in the afternoons is that you would rather see your boyfriend, then there is nothing you can do about it except understand that life is not fair.

Read more
Answered on 2/09/10, 4:35 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Juvenile Dependency questions and answers in Florida