Legal Question in Employment Law in Florida

I was employed as a car salesman. When I was fired due to "poor performance" the company refused to pay me my Christmas club savings. They said that the Christmas club was going towards a draw balance that I had accrued. Is this legal? This is money I paid in preparation for the holidays and now I need every dime until I find employment. I was on a draw vs. commission pay basis.

Asked on 6/17/10, 1:06 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Scott Behren Behren Law Firm

Did any written policy or employment manual address it? If not I would say you could claim that you need to be paid it. You can also get more information at my web site or

Read more
Answered on 6/17/10, 6:01 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Florida