Legal Question in Employment Law in Florida

Is it legal for an employer to let an thier employees over heat in a kitchen with a broken air conditioner?

Asked on 8/14/13, 5:38 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Byron Petersen Byron G. Petersen P.A.

Very probably.

But very time consuming for you to expose the problem of an unacceptable work environment and seek remediation.

You can study up on "Osha" (Federal Occupational Safety etc.) and make a report to that agency on line. Your request to the agency should be short and sweet and you may just want to ask OSHA to call or send a letter to your employer asking your employer to explain the problem and what he or she is doing to correct it.

Here is the link:

Good Luck--- Byron Petersen

Read more
Answered on 8/15/13, 8:44 am

Scott Behren Behren Law Firm

Yes make a complaint to OSHA.

Read more
Answered on 8/15/13, 11:29 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Florida