Legal Question in Employment Law in Florida

I worked for a year making only tips, no base pay in FL. The owner of the bar has now sold the buisness, and he used my ss number and tax information to forge tax reconds so it looked like he actually paid us. he told me he needed my info for taxes and that i would be getting back pay. i recently found out it was a scam to cover his ass. What do i do?

Asked on 9/02/09, 6:48 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Alan Wagner Wagner McLaughlin, P.A.

contact the police, the US postal inspector, and the state departments that received the information.

Read more
Answered on 9/02/09, 7:55 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Florida