Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Florida

I broke the toilet in my apartment by accident and my landlord wants me to pay for it. He only wants me to pay for parts as he’ll do the labor. He said he’d allow me to hire a plumber but advised me against it because he said the cost would be very high. He said he will charge me about 400 to replace the broken toilet. Do I have to pay him since the toilet breaking was my fault (by accident)

Asked on 12/26/19, 1:04 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary

Your written lease should control who is responsible for the damages.

Read more
Answered on 12/26/19, 1:06 pm
David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

Tenants are responsible for damage they do to the apartment. LL can deduct it from the security.

Read more
Answered on 12/26/19, 1:22 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Florida