Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Florida

I I live in the state of Florida. And I have a family member who is behind on rent and utilities and bringing in unauthorized guest. What are my options in getting this person evicted?

Asked on 10/03/18, 5:54 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Barry Kaufman The Law Office of Barry W. Kaufman

This person must have a lease. The landlord must be the one to evict. There are requirements set by statute before you can bring an eviction action. Best thing for you to do is contact an attorney directly or through the Lawyer Referral Service in your county.

Read more
Answered on 10/03/18, 6:17 pm
Lucreita Becude Lucreita D. Becude, P.A.

IF no lease, you may have to do an ejectment. Similar to eviction but because it is a family member and no lease, not considered a true tenant.

Read more
Answered on 10/04/18, 11:49 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Florida