Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Florida

I have been living with a man for 11 years, We live in a home I bought, nothing in the home is in his name including house & utilites etc. He gives money when he feels like it in an amount he feels like giving, not enough to cover household expenses, let alone pay for any bills. He brought his daughter into the home 2 years ago, she is now 17. He is an acholic, verbally and emotionally abusive. He has physically abused me and been arrested in the past. There is contast screaming and fighting in the house, which is effecting me mentally and emotionally as well as my 19 year old son. The twist in my case is I am married to another man who lives in another state and have been for 16 years, we are happily seperated and have no conflicts with each other, he has never lived in the house I bought nor does he want any part of it. I want the alcholic out, his daughter can stay or go, I don't care after all it isn't her fault her father has problems. Where do I start. this man when served with papers will physically destroy my property, belongings, vehicles and may personally attack me. I'm scared and at a loss, Please any help! Tina

Asked on 8/11/11, 6:02 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Tracy Newmark The Newmark Law Firm, PA

you need to file an action for ejectment and seek to have a restraining order entered if he becomes violent when served.

contact your local legal aid for assistance or find an attorney in your area who will work with you on fees and costs.

Read more
Answered on 9/21/11, 1:28 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Florida