Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Florida

I have a renter living in a house that is owned by me, who hasn't made a full rent payment since April of this year; in May, he made a partial rent payment, but nothing since that time. He is living in the house on a month-to-month lease on a lease that began when the home was in my mother's name. My mother transferred ownership to my name (my Mother's daughter) in November of 2012, but we kept the lease agreement the same, and he continued to pay the rent to my mother. Since he has not paid rent since May, I want to have him evicted. What do I need to do to get him out of the house, and are there complications because the ownership transferred to a different owner than the owner as per his month to month lease? Thank you.

Asked on 7/19/13, 7:30 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary

Provide a three day notice to pay or get out. OR provide a 15 notice that the lease is terminated. If no movement, then file an eviction matter. In the complaint you would need to attach the lease and any documents giving you ownership status now.

Read more
Answered on 7/19/13, 7:32 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Florida