Legal Question in Legal Ethics in Florida

I need to know the cost of correcting my birth certificate my first name was misspelled. What is the cost of changing one letter and what kind of Laywer to I need to contact?

Asked on 12/04/12, 3:59 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary

I have never done this, but it likely requires a lawsuit filed against the State department that maintains these records. A general civil litigator can handle it. It would cost approximately $750 in costs and the fees would like be hourly at whatever rate the attorney charges. Probably best to try and find someone who will do it for a flat fee of $1000 or less.

Read more
Answered on 12/05/12, 6:06 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Legal Ethics & Professional Responsibility questions and answers in Florida