Legal Question in Legal Malpractice in Florida

My lawyer filed a charge lien on my case although his retainer agreement is invalid due to his mis-wording. What can I do to prevent the defendants of my case from honoring his charge lien when settlement time comes? Do I file a motion with the courts and present the invalid agreement? Thanks for your assistance.

Asked on 3/12/18, 6:14 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary

It is for a judge to decide if invalid or not. The defense won’t acceot your conclusions. Have your current attorney take the issue to the Judge if supportable.

Read more
Answered on 3/12/18, 6:25 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Legal Malpractice Law questions and answers in Florida