Legal Question in Legal Malpractice in Florida

I was rare ended by an Allstate driver in an automobile accident 3 years ago had spine surgery last year the case closed for in January 2016 for 100k my lawyers have not contacted me with any additional information besides that they have 3 more local doc offices to pay off and it has been 6 monthes . They are now avoiding my calls,multiple lawyers on my case but no one is ever avaliable, aditional fees for litigation. Is it possible to sue them for over 100k for pain suffering ,unarthorized fees.time out of school?

Asked on 6/02/16, 2:15 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Angelo Marino Angelo Marino Jr. PA

No. One of the most difficult matters we lawyers have to deal with is negotiating bills of medical doctors, hospitals, and health care providers. All of this is done to put more money in your pocket. This can take several months. Just call their secretary to set up a phone conference and or office appointment so that you can discuss the matter.

Read more
Answered on 6/02/16, 2:37 pm
Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary

Sue your lawyers who are charged with having to resolve your medical bills in order to fully disburse the money? No. This process of resolving bills can take years not just months. Put your request in writing for an update on the status of your claims and see what the written response is to that inquiry. If you don't get one than you can take that letter and file a complaint with the Florida Bar for their failure to respond.

Read more
Answered on 6/02/16, 2:57 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Legal Malpractice Law questions and answers in Florida