Legal Question in Mediation in Florida

My family convenient/country store business is in trouble. A new 4 lane highway system is being erected in front of our 65 yr old store. Since the month after construction began we have endured a 50% reduction is sales as well as interruption in our electricity,internet and phone service. Customers cannot easily get in and out of our store. Also traffic has been detoured. This has created a real hardship on our business and we are finding it difficult to remain in business through all the construction. My question...Can we have the State help us with some of our loss?? We do have documentation and pictures of the devastation to us. Thank you for your suggestions and advice!!!!

Asked on 4/23/13, 11:17 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Burns David H. Burns, P. A.

The question you ask relates to the area of "eminent domain". You should look for an attorney who practices in the area of eminent domain in Florida.

Read more
Answered on 4/23/13, 12:04 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Mediation questions and answers in Florida