Legal Question in Mediation in Florida

which form do I need?

Hello. I purchased a used boat and was given a bill of sale. the seller had promised to apply for the title and deliver said title to me at a later date as I was told they never applied for the title. the ''registration'' that I was given was actually an application for a title. I found this out after having purchased the boat. heres the thing: I have made phone calls asking her to apply for the title so that she can transfer it over to me. she has postponed this for over a year now. is a notice of intent form needed in which I can send her to let her know I mean business in terms of legal action? another thing I should mention is that she sold the boat while having another person on the registration listed as a lienholder. not sure if that was legal or not. as far as I know the lienholder is a private co-owner. hope that you can help me out here as i am looking at a 21' boat in my back yard every day and would like to be on the water. thanks for any information that may help. Eddie

Asked on 7/28/08, 9:19 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Alan Wagner Wagner McLaughlin, P.A.

Re: which form do I need?

contact the lienholder.

Go to the local tag and title place with your bill of sale. They will have a form for the lienholder to sign to release his or her lien. The bilol of sale and the lien holder release will probably be enough. The title people can explain exactly what they need to transfer the title.

Read more
Answered on 7/29/08, 9:13 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Mediation questions and answers in Florida