Legal Question in Mediation in Florida

if an unmarried couple living together paying bills together miscarry a child, then begin to pay said bill together, then the man leaves and woman is no longer able to pay them, is this a small claims case?

Asked on 9/08/10, 12:28 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Brent Rose The Orsini & Rose Law Firm

I assume you mean the medical bill related to the miscarriage. Medical bills related to a birth are as much the responsibility of the father as the mother, but Florida law doesn't address the issue of medical bills relating to miscarriages. Since he started to pay on the bill, though, you have a decent small claims case that he acknowledges that he is responsible for a portion of the bill.

Read more
Answered on 9/14/10, 9:50 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Mediation questions and answers in Florida